The media services office coordinates all media and media production equipment loans for Hampshire students, faculty, and staff. Media services also provides technical assistance, audio-visual equipment, and event support for special events, film/video screenings, and sound systems for visiting musicians. Check out the media blog.
• Hampshire and Five College students, faculty, and staff can check out, book, or reserve videos/DVDs. 16mm films are restricted to classroom use.
• Videos/DVDs circulate for a loan period of 3 days. Search the Five College Catalogue and request a video here.
• Borrowers from any of the Five Colleges may check out videos and DVDs in person with a valid ID. Borrowed materials may be returned to the lending library or their home institutions.
• A replacement charge will be generated for items four or more days overdue.
• Anyone borrowing materials from our collection may not advertise or charge admission for screenings.
• Videos/DVDs can be placed on reserve for class use. Items on reserve circulate for a period of three hours and are picked up from the main circulation desk in the library.
Media Services circulates a variety of media production equipment. We provide equipment for classroom use, special events, academic work, and personal use.
• Equipment requests should be submitted at least five days in advance. Equipment is picked up during our office hours (Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.).
• Only current members of the Hampshire College community may borrow equipment.
• The equipment loan period is 2 days.
• Media services charges $5 per day per item not returned on time. It is crucial that all equipment be returned by NOON on the due date. This policy is strictly enforced. A replacement charge will be generated for items four or more days overdue.
• Delays in returning equipment are a major inconvenience to everyone and may deny another person the opportunity to use requested equipment. Borrowers who repeatedly damage, lose, or return equipment late will lose their borrowing privileges.
Find out more about our video and audio equipment.
© 2014 Hampshire College 893 West Street Amherst, MA 01002 . 413.549.4600