There are several reasons why you would make a correction to your FAFSA report.
1. After reviewing your Student Aid Report you determine that some information needs to be corrected.
2. After completing federal tax returns you want to update the FAFSA data.
3. You need to electronically sign the FAFSA form.
4. You want to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA to update your financial data.
5. The financial aid office requested that you make a correction to your FAFSA. This may include information such as a parent's personal data, which we may not know.
To make a correction to your FAFSA report, log into the FAFSA website. After logging in you will see a link to make corrections. Follow the instructions and make the necessary corrections. Be sure to click on the Sign & Submit tab at the top of the page to sign electronically the FAFSA accepting the corrections.
Hampshire College's financial aid office will receive a new FAFSA report including the corrected items within a few business days.
If you need assistance making corrections to your FAFSA, please call 1.800.433.3243.
© 2013 Hampshire College 893 West Street Amherst, MA 01002 . 413.549.4600