student life header

Campus Leadership and Activities FAQs

What are the campus leadership and activities open hours?
Campus leadership and activities is open during the academic year and summer Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Who works in campus leadership and activities?

Associate dean of students for campus leadership and activities: Key administrator and leader in the student activities area, fulfilling a vision of building a campus community of involved students. Responsible for running the office and overseeing operations and policies. Available to help students plan events and organize and facilitate their student groups. Any questions regarding the myriad areas that campus leadership and activities oversees, or office policies and procedures, can be directed to, or call 413.559.5751.

Assistant director for campus leadership and activities: Provides administrative support relating to the planning, promotion, and implementation of student programs, activities, and events. Processes performer contracts; student group van reservations; requests for payments; and purchase order requisitions. Schedules all student event security. Lends logistical support to the office for events and oversees the Airport Lounge. If you have questions, email, or call 413.559.5746.

• FundCom office assistant: In addition to the staff listed above, FundCom, the financial committee of the Hampshire student union, also employs a full-time office assistant. The FundCom office assistant is available Monday through Friday during business hours to help answer questions about process, paperwork, and student group accounts. The FundCom office assistant also processes FundCom and student group paperwork; requests for payments; purchase order requisitions; and purchasing card requests. For answers to questions about your student group budget, email, or call 413.559.6005.

• Work-Study Students: Available during all open office hours to answer questions and help plan events. They are wonderful; many of them have experience as student leaders of groups and in coordinating events.

This is late; is that OK?
No, it’s not OK. Please do it earlier next time! If it is a late event registration form, you must consult public safety for late permissions.

If my paperwork is returned to me, what should I do?
Read the comments put on the paperwork by campus leadership and activities or FundCom to understand where the problems may lie. If you still do not understand, consult the person who returned it to you.

Does campus leadership and activities only support FundCom-funded student groups?
No. Only FundCom-funded student groups can hold a mailbox for their correspondence. Other services, such as assistance with organizing events are open to all students, however, and campus leadership and activities is pleased to be able to support individual students with involvement and projects on campus.

Can I use the copier/printer?
Yes, if the material being copied is related to a student group or part of an upcoming event. You can make a limited number of copies provided that you BRING YOUR OWN PAPER. Recycling of paper in good condition is encouraged. Ask a student staff member about copying or printing.

Technical Concerns:

Where can I file an event registration form (ERF)?
 Click here to fill out the newly redesigned facility request and event registration form.

How do I change information on an ERF once I’ve submitted it?
Simply email the changes you would like to make to the ERF to

How do I fill out forms?
You can meet with any of our office workers to receive assistance. Forms can be daunting to fill out, but we try to make the process as easy as possible. At campus leadership and activities, we have the following forms:

  • Purchase Order/Purchasing Card Use Request form   
  • Request for Payment form
  • Multiple Receipt Submission form

NOTE: ERFs can only be filled out online; click here.

How do I make a listserv for my group?

Go to, click on the “list admin overview page” link, and then select the “create a new mailing list” link. It will take you to a page where you can request your new mail list. You will then receive notification, along with an initial list password. The list owner will be able to modify the password and add or remove additional list owners.

Where do I go to reserve the space in front of the library/bookstore/etc.?
Contact the event services and summer programs office at x5610.

How can I arrange for event security and how much do they charge for events?
Consult Carolyn Strycharz at or x5746 to arrange for a event security. Charges are $8 per hour per student monitor. Decisions about what events need monitors, crowd managers or campus police officers are made at the discretion of campus leadership & activities and campus police.

How do I get in touch with FundCom or other student groups?
You can look at the list of student groups and contact information at
You can also attend their meetings (see below), but please contact the groups BEFORE attending.
FundCom: Mondays and Wednesdays from 4-5 p.m. in the FundCom office in the Airport Lounge.



Contact Us

Campus Leadership & Activities
Dakin Student Life Center
Hampshire College
893 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002
Fax 413.559.5664

© 2014 Hampshire College 893 West Street Amherst, MA 01002 . 413.549.4600