student life header


Student Events On Campus:

For an event planned on campus outside of the residence halls, an Event Registration Form (ERF) needs to be filed with campus leadership and activities.

  • The campus police departent requires that ERFs be filled out and turned in to the campus leadership and activities office.
  • The ERF form needs to be filed 10 days prior to every event.
  • Any event for which a form is not submitted at least 10 days in advance needs approval in writing from the office of campus police.

Pool Vehicles:

College pool vehicles are not available for personal use, but for College business only. 

  • Requests from students, faculty and staff must be made by a representative of the College budget unit (e.g. student affairs, house offices, school office, etc.).
  • For student group reservations, contact the campus leadership and activities office at x5746 to reserve a pool vehicle.
  • All drivers must complete the defensive driving course offered at least once each semester by OPRA.

A vehicle request should be made 7 days or more in advance. You can request a fleet/pool vehicle online any time Datatel is available. Once the vehicle request has been approved, you will receive the approved form via email. This form MUST be printed out and brought to the campus police at the rear of the Johnson Library when picking up the vehicle along with the check in/check out sheet and the trip roster form. Vehicles cannot go out without these completed forms.

Lost And Found:

The campus police office manages a lost and found service. If you lose an item on campus, there is a chance that it was turned in to campus police. You can call this office at x6151 Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m., or call the dispatch number at x5424 any time of day. You should also check the online list of lost and found items on the Hampshire Intranet.

If You Find Property on Campus:

Bring it to the campus police office at the rear of the Johnson Library Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. or dial 5424 to arrange for pick-up.

Some Hints for Locating Lost Property:

Check with offices in the area you believe you last saw your property.

  • Lost OneCard? Check with the OneCard office at 413.559.6717 or dial 5424 to request a temporary card. Be sure to have your card deactivated until it is found!
  • Check with the circulation desk in the library, the front desk at the Robert Crown Center, and the front desk at the mfacility; often found property is held for a time in these locations, and you may be able to recover your property there before it is turned in to the campus police office.
  • Please note that due to the large volume of found property, found property is held for three months, then is disposed of. If you lost something, please contact us right away at 559.6151 or 559.5424.

If You Believe Your Property is Stolen:

Contact the campus police office at 5424 and file a report with an officer.



Contact Us

Campus Police Department
Harold F. Johnson Library Center
Hampshire College
893 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002

© 2014 Hampshire College 893 West Street Amherst, MA 01002 . 413.549.4600