As part of your campus visit, we encourage you to observe Hampshire's pedagogy in action. Class visits are a great way to get a sense of Hampshire's student culture, meet faculty and students, and to understand better our approach to rigorous academics.
The admissions office maintains a list of spring 2015 courses that are available for prospective students to visit.
There are NO CLASSES on the following days:
- February 12, 2015 (Advising Day)
- March 14 through March 22, 2015 (Spring Break)
- April 1, 2015 (Advising Day)
- May 1, 2015, LAST DAY OF CLASSES
When visiting a class, please keep in mind the following:
- Show up five to ten minutes early and ask permission to observe the class. Faculty members may not allow prospective students to visit their classes on a particular day. Please be prepared to observe a second or third choice class.
- Wait until all students have arrived, then sit outside of the circle. Seats are for current students.
- Refrain from participating in class unless invited to do so by the professor or students.
- Stay the entire time: For three-hour courses, prospective students may leave during the break.
- It is possible that a professor might need to cancel a class, or has planned a field trip on the day you are visiting. If, after a few minutes of waiting, no one shows up for the class, please select another class to observe.
Of course, it is essential that you visit while classes are in session (there are no classes during the summer months). To ensure this is the case, please check Hampshire's academic calendar.