CORC counselors are available for individual appointments, usually 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m Monday through Friday. Appointments are available for all students and alums! You can schedule an appointment via our online scheduler. Phone appointments are available for students and alums who no longer live in the Amherst area.
CORC career counselors can help you with:
- Brainstorming/clarifying career ideas and goals
- Resumes, cover letters, and other application materials
- Job and internship search
- Planning for graduate school
- Graduate school applications
- Other career-related questions
- Applying for Fulbright opportunities
CORC offers the following assessments to assist you in clarifying your career direction. If you are interested in trying one or both of these assessments, or would like more information about them, please make an appointment with Carin Rank.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
Measures psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions
Strong Interest Inventory
Shows how certain interests compare with the interests of people successfully employed in specific occupations
The CORC library has hundreds of books that will help you explore various career ideas and interests. Sample titles are:
- Careers for Non-Conformists
- Careers for Travel Buffs and other Restless Types
- How to Make Money as an Artist
- Non-Traditional Careers for Chemists
- Many, many more...
Books are available to borrow overnight or over the weekend. Our library is open Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.