For information about upcoming events, "like" us on Facebook
Learn more about Hampshire Youth Connect on our blog.
Housed in the Critical Studies of Childhood, Youth, and Learning Program
To increase exposure and access to higher education and build sustainable and equitable partnerships across communities by linking Hampshire College's innovative pedagogy with community engagement efforts to provide creative, experiential learning opportunities for underserved youth.
- To provide on-campus programming for underserved youth
- To excite young people about learning in college
- To familiarize young people with the college admissions process
- To offer paid Hampshire College student internships with community-based organizations
What We Do
- Facilitate connections between Hampshire College students and underserved youth
- Design courses with a focus on community engagement and programs for underserved youth in the area
- Fund Division II and III projects that support our mission and goals
- Coordinate summer programs and offer paid internships to Hampshire students
- The Treehouse Community
- The Care Center
- Enchanted Circle Theater
- The Farm Education Collaborative
- The Eric Carle Museum
- Holyoke Public Schools
- Amherst Regional Public Schools
- Connections After-School Program
- The Child Drama and Community Program
- The Farm Center
- The Center for Design
- The Film/Photo Program
- Community Partnerships for Social Change
- A Day at Hampshire College
Division II/III Funding
Hampshire Youth Connect provides project funding in allotments of up to $500 for Division II and III work that directly engages with underserved youth in support of college access.
Examples of successful funding proposals from the past include: funding for training and supplies to support a student's classroom teaching, transportation costs associated with transporting youth to the Hampshire College campus and for trips to educational destinations in Western Massachusetts, and printing expenses for a guidebook intended for use by elementary school teachers.
Student funding proposal forms for the spring 2015 semester can be accessed here.
These proposals are due to Matt Haley at Mail Code HA or under the office door of Emily Dickinson Hall 30 by February 6, 2015 at 5 p.m.
Please direct any questions to mjhIA@hampshire.edu.