Students and faculty in greenhouse

Health and Safety

All students going abroad are expected to show evidence that their medical insurance includes international coverage. For a complete overview of the health and safety requirements, considerations, services, and resources available, see the Student Travel Information on the Five College Risk Management website. 

All students, faculty, and staff studying abroad or traveling on school-sponsored activities have Medical Evacuation/Repatriation Insurance and access to travel assistance services through AIG/Travel Guard. For more information on AIG/Travel Guard benefits, please visit Travel Assistance Services (AIG/Travel Guard).

The global education office strongly recommends that all students going abroad actively seek information regarding health and personal safety resources in their host countries. You are encouraged to speak with your family physician and/or to health services about your plans so that you can be fully apprised of all personal health issues surrounding your international experience. The more informed you are, the more you will get out of your time abroad! Please review the resources below:

Stay In Touch
With The Global Education Office (GEO)
Snail Mail
Global Education Office
Hampshire College
893 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002