The lottery for dorm halls and Prescott Suite 104 will be held on Thursday, April 30. All registration packets due by 1 p.m.
Hallways in Dakin and Merrill require a minimum of 5 students to form a lottery group. Any unfilled rooms on a hall will be assigned to new and continuing students by the housing operations office. Designations are pre-set in the dorms, and groups will need to adhere to those designations.
When you pick up your registration form for the dorm lottery you will also receive:
- A designations sheet listing all halls available in the lottery. This will tell you what the hall's designations are, including noise, gender, and if it is substance-free. This sheet will also tell you which room on the hall is a double, and where the RA rooms are.
- A room preference sheet where your group will indicate room preference on each of your three top-ranked halls. Choosing rooms proactively means you won't have to come back to the housing operations office to do this once your group has won a hall. This will also allow students to sign up for individual dorm rooms while ensuring you get the room you want.
Quirks of the Dorm Lottery
- Merrill Halls: Short and long sides of a floor are considered separate hallways with separate designations.
- Merrill C-basement: You must have exactly four people in your group to bid for C-basement. This precludes you from bidding for other dorm halls.
- Prescott Suite 104: You must have exactly 6 people in your group in order to bid for the suite. Groups bidding for the suite will also have the ability to rank dorm halls on their registration form. Like a dorm hall, the suite has a refrigerator but not a full kitchen. Students living in the suite are required to be on a full meal plan.
Individual Room Sign-Up
Students who did not secure a room assignment during the lottery should sign up for a room at the HOO. Room sign up begins at 3 p.m. on Thursday, April 30 and continues through 4 p.m. on Friday, May 15 (M-F, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.). Dorm rooms and limited space in mods not won in the lottery will be available at this time. These rooms will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Student who do not participate in the room choosing process in any way will be assigned to a dorm room by the HOO without the benefit of their input.