Benefits Advisory Committee Charge
The Benefits Advisory Committee (BAC) serves as an advisory board to the associate vice president for human resources for employee benefit offerings and changes. The purpose of this committee is to investigate the employees' and the College's interests and needs regarding current and potential benefits; research and review benefit policies, designs, providers, and costs; research peer institutional benefit policies and programs to determine both the competitiveness of Hampshire College's offerings and to identify alternative approaches and best practices in benefits design; and recommend benefit plan and policy changes. The BAC reports and provides advice and guidance directly to the office of human resources.
Members of the committee, their appointment process, and term held are as follows:
- Two members of the regular faculty selected from a pool of five nominees that represents as much diversity as possible. One faculty member will be from the faculty compensation committee. Nominations will be submitted by the school deans to the President for consideration and selection in consultation with the Monday Group. One faculty member will hold a two-year term and one a three-year term as determined by the associate vice president for human resources in consultation with these faculty members.
- Two regular staff members selected from a pool of five nominees (including at least two non-exempt staff members) that represents as much diversity as possible, with at least one of the two selected being a non-exempt staff member. After an election process, nominations will be submitted by the SAC to the President for consideration and selection in consultation with the Monday Group. This process will be used initially to select staff members. One staff member will hold a two-year term and one a three-year term as determined by the associate vice president for human resources in consultation with these staff members.As these terms expire, the BAC will follow the College's generally established election procedures for selecting new members.
- The associate dean of faculty
- The human resources payroll and benefits manager
- The College's budget director
- The associate vice president for human resources will participate in the Benefits Advisory Committee meetings ex officio.