Nomination Guidelines for Carol and Blair Brown Staff Awards
Who Can Make Nominations
- All staff, faculty, and students are encouraged to make a nomination.
- Members of the Hampshire community are asked to limit their submissions to either one nomination or supporting letter per nominating period.
- Supervisors cannot nominate their staff for the Excellence Award. They may, however, be asked to provide supporting information.
- We ask that anyone who has previously submitted a nomination and/or letter of support for a staff member who has received the award refrain from nominating or supporting a nominee again for a two-year time period (award given in 2012, next eligible to nominate/support in 2015).
Who Can Be Nominated
- The nominee(s) for the recognition award must be regular, full, or part-time (.5+ FTE) exempt or non-exempt staff members and must have been employed at Hampshire a minimum of one year.
- A recipient cannot receive the award again in a three-year period (awarded in 2011, next eligible in 2015).
- Recipients must be on the payroll at the time of the award ceremony in order to receive the award.
Who is NOT Eligible for Nomination
- Monday Group Members, human resources staff, President's office staff, faculty members, instructors, Bon Appetít employees, health service employees, campus police employees, bookstore employees, casuals, and temporary employees are not eligible for nomination.
- Recommendation committee members are not eligible for nomination, nor can they make nominations.
When to Nominate
- Make your nominations now! All nomination materials, including support letters, must be submitted to the human resources office by the deadline of March 27, 2015.
Guidelines and Helpful Tips
The recommendation committee is expected to make decisions based only on the information supplied in your nomination and any support letters. So that your nominee receives proper consideration, please take the time to be thoughtful and detailed when writing the nomination.
- Describe the nominee's outstanding achievements of the past year that prompted you to make this nomination.
- Use specific examples rather than general praise and give details.
- If nominating a team, describe how each person contributed to its success.
- Explain how this nomination is related to one or more of the awards criteria: Creating Connections, Exceptional Service, Fostering Diversity and Inclusion, Innovative Thinking and Risk-Taking, Professional Excellence, Unsung Hero.
- We strongly encourage at least two letters of support for this nomination from Hampshire colleagues, supervisors, or students. Ask early! All information must be submitted by the deadline.
- The nomination should be no longer than two pages. Supporting letters should also be no longer than two pages.
- Nominations can be written or typed in narrative or bullet point format.
- All nomination material, including support letters, must be submitted to the human resources office by the deadline of March 27, 2015.
- Feel free to call the human resources office with any questions at x5442.
Nominate a staff member