The presidential search committee has committed to keeping the hampshire community in the loop on our important and fast-paced work. Here is a recap of our efforts to date.
As we continue our work to name a permanent president to move Hampshire forward, our Presidential Search Committee has had a busy week behind the scenes:
• We launched the Presidential Search website with the help of our friends in Communications and IT.
• We published a summary of Qualifications and a call for applications, which we crafted with consideration of the community feedback we received from our open meetings on campus and an online questionnaire. We then sent the Qualifications and application instructions to all nominees.
• We’re in the process of soliciting additional applications, advertising the position through various avenues, communicating with applicants, and developing our candidate interviewing process.
• We finalized the Presidential Profile, our comprehensive overview of Hampshire College and the role of our next President that will be shared with candidates.
• We also wrote a summary of all of the feedback we’ve received, which paints a very clear picture of our community’s priorities, hopes and concerns, and which will help inform our questions for candidate interviews. (We’ll publish a condensed version of this summary in the near future for the community to see.)
We will continue accepting applications until Friday, June 14, and then we will begin narrowing down our candidate pool, with the goal of interviewing final candidates in early July.
Please continue to send us feedback and potential questions or ideas that we may incorporate into our interview process. You may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via your on-campus representative (Daya Mena for students, Christoph Cox for faculty, Sarah Steely for staff).
Appointing a new president is one of many important steps Hampshire is taking to advance our College and maintain our accreditation. The College is committed to continuing to strengthen its leadership, fundraise at record levels, renew our academic program, and plan for enrollment for fall 2020 and long-term sustainability.
Submitted by: Board of Trustees Hampshire College