You are here

Before Your First Appointment

What should I do if I have ADHD?

If you have been diagnosed with ADHD, you may choose to have your medications provided through a Hampshire College provider. For an intake appointment, call 413.559.5458.

Before your first appointment:

  1. Get records from your previous providers (attach link to medical record release form) including documentation of your ADHD diagnosis, results of most recent psychological testing, and records of any prescription medications you have had in the past.
  2. Complete the ADHD History Form and bring to your first visit.
  3. Learn about ADHD medication management and Hampshire College policies.
  4. Check out these strategies for managing ADHD at school.
  5. Many students with ADHD have additional concerns such as anxiety, depression, substance abuse, and other mental health issues and may require support in addition to medication consultation. For an appointment with a Hampshire College mental health provider, call 413.559.5458.
  6. Students with documented learning disabilities, ADHD, mental health, or other conditions may benefit from accommodations. Contact disability services at 413.559.5498.
  7. In instances where testing or documentation of ADHD is incomplete or unavailable, referral for evaluation and/or formal diagnostic testing will be required before psychostimulant prescriptions can be written.

Custom Ads