You finished! Congratulations! You finally get to ring that bell. But wait! Before you gather with your friends....
Your bell ringing is considered an "event" and, therefore, must be properly registered with campus leadership and activities (CLA). To reserve the bell for a certain time, you will need to come to CLA and sign up for your preferred day and time.
If you would like to serve alcohol at your bell ringing, you MUST meet with Pam Tinto, associate dean of students for campus leadership and activities, a minimum of 14 days in advance of your event, and you MUST submit a beer and wine service contract. For more information, please call 413.559.6005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Facts to Consider Before Deciding to Serve Alcohol:
When hosting an event where alcohol will be served, please bear in mind that you will be required:
- To abide by all College alcohol policies.
- To hire a trained, certified, and Hampshire-approved alcohol server and to assure that they, too, abide by all College alcohol policies.
- To supply adequate amounts of food and non-alcoholic beverages (Bon Appetit Catering has the "first right of refusal" on all food served at Hampshire public events. Please contact Bon Appetit Catering at ext. 6235 to arrange for food service).
- To hire (for most venues) one or more campus police officers to monitor your event. This is a campus police requirement. Please contact campus police at ext. 5424 to arrange for monitoring.
- To supply our server with the signed copy of your beer and wine service contract so that they may produce it if requested to do so by public safety officers.
As the individual responsible for your event, you will also be accepting responsibility for any and all expenses incurred, including any damage to equipment and/or property. Please take the facts listed above into careful consideration when deciding whether or not to serve alcohol at your event.
Serving Alcohol at Your Bell Ringing:
Step 1: Come to CLA to reserve the bell.
Step 2: An absolute minimum of 14 days prior to the date of your bell ringing, call to set up an appointment to meet with Pam Tinto, associate dean of students for campus leadership and activities, ext. 5751. The purpose of that meeting will be to review the College's alcohol policies and to complete a beer and wine service contract. This contract must be completed a minimum of 14 days in advance of your event in order for you to serve alcohol. No contracts will be approved with less than 14 days advance notice.