academics header

Procedures for Filing for Exchange

Students must work closely with the global education office and complete all application materials. A Hampshire College exchange form will be
issued to students if they have been accepted to an exchange program.

  •  A meeting with the advisor (Division II or Division III chair) who will
    be supervising the work during the exchange should occur at an early
    stage. If this is a Division III exchange, this planning meeting must be
    followed by a meeting with the Division III counselor in CASA.
  • After the project has been planned, it must be put in written
    form. A copy of the Division II concentration statement or a
    preliminary Division III plan should be attached. A
    written agreement between the student and the faculty supervisor
    outlining the obligations each is willing to undertake is an
    important part of the form. A statement about how and when the
    work will be evaluated should also be included.
  • Filing for exchange requires the signature of the following people:
    academic advisor; the housing coordinator; the manager of student
    ; the director of financial aid (for financial aid students);
    the director of global education (for students traveling outside the
    United States); and, finally, a dean in the Center for Academic
    Support and Advising.

Any exchange for which final approval has not been received will be canceled.

International Students

International students must consult with the international student advisor at regarding visa implications of exchange. The advisor is located in the Lebrón-Wiggins-Pran Cultural Center.

Looking for information on internship options?

check out the CORC website on internships. Click here to


Contact Us

Center for Academic Support and Advising (CASA)
Lemelson Building
Mail Code AC
Hampshire College
893 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002
Fax 413.559.6098

© 2014 Hampshire College 893 West Street Amherst, MA 01002 . 413.549.4600