Fall semester bills are ready for viewing the first week of July, with payment due August 1, and spring semester bills are ready to view the first week of December, with payment due January 2. Late payments can generate a late payment fee and will jeopardize your registration and enrollment status, preventing you from:
Federal regulations on the right to privacy require that bills be in the student's name; therefore, the student bears the responsibility for payment. Granting online access for a third party to view and pay bills does not relieve the student of ultimate financial responsibility for unpaid balances.
1. Online Payments:
2. Check/Money Order: You may make a payment directly to the College in the form of a check or money order payable to the Trustees of Hampshire College and mailing it to: Hampshire College, Student Accounts, 893 West Street, Amherst, MA, 01002-3359.
3. Monthly Payment Plan: You may contract with Tuition Management Systems (TMS) to pay your bill over a period of time from 10 to 12 months. The payment plan is interest-free with a $50 enrollment fee, and may be an alternative to borrowing. You will need the student ID number (referred to as the account number, on The Hub) to establish a plan. You may visit their website at www.afford.com/hampshire or by phone at 800.722.4867. For more information about monthly payment plans, click here.
4. Loan Financing: There are several loan options available to students and parents. Click here to visit our loan options website.
5. Wire Transfer Payment: International wires are managed by peerTransfer via a link you will see on the TMS payment site accessed via The Hub, with parents choosing the Payments link. peerTransfer offers savings in fees and exchange rates compared to normal international wires. To make a domestic wire transfer, you will need our banking information, which can be obtained by calling us at 413.559.6982. Be sure to inquire about any applicable wire fees that may be deducted from the transferred amount.
6. Work Study Payroll Deduction: Students may elect to have a portion of their work study wages applied directly to their bills. The payment will be deducted from their bi-weekly paycheck. We recommend limiting the total deduction to no more than $500 per semester. Please contact student financial services for the forms for payroll deduction.
Monthly payment plans are available.
© 2014 Hampshire College 893 West Street Amherst, MA 01002 . 413.549.4600