The Five College Queer Gender and Sexuality Conference will take place in Franklin Patterson Hall, which is wheelchair accessible throughout. Note:
• We will maintain clear pathways for folks who use wheelchairs and other access devices in our conference spaces.
• The Pioneer Valley Transit Authority (PVTA), our local public transportation system, has several area buses that are free to the public. Conference organizers wearing staff T-shirts are happy to help you read maps and schedules.
• There are wheelchair-accessible bathrooms available for use by people of all genders.
There will be a quiet space available throughout the conference, located in the Merrill living room, located 20 yards from Franklin Patterson Hall, which is a fully accessible space.
• Because flashing lights can trigger seizures or other symptoms, we ask that you avoid wearing or carrying decorative flashing lights and refrain from taking flash photography.
• Please be aware of community members with chemical sensitivities, and remain scent/fragrance-free to the extent that you are able to. If you smoke (or hang around people while they smoke) please do so at least 25 feet from buildings and away from walking paths.
• Service animals are welcome in Hampshire College buildings, but unfortunately, we cannot allow pets or other animals.
Please help us to diminish access barriers at the conference and continue to work and build with us so that the conference is more accessible to more people each year. If you have feedback, questions, or suggestions, or want to volunteer or help organize around access, please email email@example.com
This access needs list has been adapted from the CLPP Conference website:
© 2013 Hampshire College 893 West Street Amherst, MA 01002 . 413.549.4600