Help Hampshire Recruit Students
As an alum, parent, or community member, you know better than anyone else what qualities are needed for students to thrive here. And our best students tell us that talking with someone who knows Hampshire made them want to apply.
Three things you can do:
Share on social media.
The best advertising is word-of-mouth. When you share our good news or a personal story about the amazing experience you or your student had at Hampshire, they hear it right from the source. Here are a few tools that might help:
- Post one of these graphics on your page or channel. Simply right click to save it.
Personally refer a student.
You know when you meet someone who will be perfect for Hampshire. Help them find us, and help us find them.
Contact your high school or represent Hampshire at a college fair.
Or your child's high school, or another promising school — or get in touch with a counselor with whom you have a personal connection.
Please note that not all high schools will permit volunteer representatives.
- Before you reach out to a school or fair, please let us know via this simple form and we will support you with the appropriate materials. (Please allow two weeks for delivery.)
- Pull from one of these samples to introduce yourself or to follow up:
- Download our recruitment materials:
- Keep in mind these dos and dont’s:
- Please arrive on time.
- Try to reply to emails and calls within 24 hours.
- Make it clear you are a volunteer.
- Bring sufficient materials, including admissions contact information.
- Speak from personal experience, sharing examples of how Hampshire impacted you or your student.
- If you don't know the answer to a question, don't guess. Tell the contact that you'll get back to them as soon as possible, and please remember to follow up with them.
- When in doubt, direct people to admissions.hampshire.edu.
- Remember we are test-blind. We don't accept or consider SAT or ACT scores when considering student applications.
- Be respectful of their time. School days are filled with student and staff meetings and phone calls from parents. Expect in-person meetings of 15-20 minutes and phone conversations of 5-10 minutes.
- Report back to us about your visit via this simple form.
Admissions deadlines and notification dates for 2020 are as follows:
|Domestic First-Year and Transfer Students
|International First-Year and Transfer Students
|First-Year Early Action
|First-Year Regular Decision
Email Assistant Director of Admissions Bernadette Burke.