- Hampshire and Five College Registration Dates and Deadlines
- Divisional Dates and Deadlines
- Searching for Courses
- Hampshire Course Registration
- Five College Course Request System
- Five College request system on TheHub: Five College Registration (pdf)
- How to register for a Hampshire course on TheHub: Hampshire College Course Registration (pdf)
Important Note: Five College registration policies and practices vary from institution to institution. Even if you have been preregistered for a course, your enrollment is not guaranteed until classes actually begin.
- Search and register for Hampshire courses.
- Request Five College courses.
Students Taking Five College Courses
- are subject to the grading system, calendar, and academic honor system of the host institution.
- must take all exams at the time scheduled by the host institution.
- will receive letter grades, although some instructors will provide a written evaluation on request in addition to the grade.
How to Request a Five College Course
You may request courses during preregistration or add/drop periods only using TheHub Students/Registration/Five College Requests. The Five College Requests menu includes additional instructions and policies.
Course requests approved by central records are transmitted to the institution offering the course. The host school then either approves or declines the request and notifies central records, who will register you for any course that has been approved. You can keep track of this ongoing process by checking the "View Status of All Your Requests" option on TheHub.
During preregistration, central records will approve a maximum of two requests. For courses designated as "instructor permission," you must print a form when you request the course, get it signed by the instructor, and bring it to central records. We cannot transmit your request without this form.
During Add/Drop for ALL requested Five College courses, you must print a form when you request the course, get it signed by the instructor, and bring it to central records. We cannot transmit your request without this form.
According to Amherst College policy, you may enroll in a maximum of two courses a semester at Amherst. A lecture with a lab or two half courses constitutes one request.