Campus Leadership and Activities

Is there a captivating speaker or emerging band you want to bring to campus? Want to get involved in political campaigns or social justice initiatives? Would you like to explore a new hobby, such as rock climbing, contra dance, or a cappella? Campus leadership and activities is here for you.

Mission Statement

Campus leadership and activities is your office of student activities and programs. We are committed to supporting students as they endeavor to create student groups, plan programs, lead campaigns, and build community at Hampshire College. Our office staff is available to give advice, provide consultations, and answer any and all questions you have as you become an engaged participant in the life of the College. 

Students looking for support with programs and activities have access to many resources in our office, including poster-making supplies; computer and printer access; use of our fax machine and telephone; student group mailboxes; a comprehensive student events calendar; and a knowledgeable staff eager to help you.


Office Hours

The office is open during the academic year and summer, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. The office is closed when the College is closed for holidays and inclement weather. 

Calendar of Student Group and CLA-Sponsored Events

Browse Student Events


CLA also processes all student group paperwork in conjunction with FundCom, so come by to pick up necessary forms or to get help filling them out. In accordance with the SAF Guidelines and FundCom Bylaws, FundCom receives requests from students and allocates the SAF. This is what pays for all student groups, trips, and events (including Hampshire Halloween and Spring Jam) and related activities. Portions of the SAF also go to Intern/RA programming, and to pay for some PVTA buses.

How to Start a Student Group

Want to start a student group on campus? It takes planning, vision, and initiative, and CLA is here to help!

Below is all of the information you will need to submit a recognition form for an existing or newly proposed student group. This year the Student Group Recognition process will be run through CollegiateLink, our new online student activities platform!

Logging into CollegiateLink for the First Time

To access CollegiateLink for the first time, visit and click the blue Sign In Now button in the center of the cover photo. You will be directed to a Hampshire College Log In screen where you will enter your Hampshire username and password. You will then be logged in and can access your student group site and register for Recognition.

Currently Recognized Student Groups

Currently recognized student groups can access the link to register on their student group site, which can be found by going to the Organizations page and clicking on your student group name. When you click the register button on your student group site located under the tools menu, it will lead you to the step-by-step student group recognition registration process. Current student group information is pre-loaded into CollegiateLink; however, you have the opportunity to edit the existing information during form submission.

New or Previously Existing Student Groups

Newly proposed student groups and student groups that have been previously recognized can access the form by going to the Organizations page and clicking the register button under “Register a New Organization” on the left hand side of the page.

Still have questions? Come into campus leadership and activities, give us a call at 413.559.6005, or email We're happy to help.

List of Student Groups On Campus

Here is a list of all of the current student groups on campus!


Stay In Touch
With Campus Leadership & Activities
Snail Mail
Campus Leadership & Activities
Hampshire College
893 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002
Phone + Email
Fax: 413.559.5664