Interfolio is an independent company that allows you to store your reference letters, maintain their confidentiality, and have them distributed per your instructions at any time in the future. Currently, Interfolio is used by students and alumni at over 500 schools each year. Interfolio charges a fee for its service and offers these features:
- 24 / 7 access to your references file.
- Fast response: distribution requests go out within one business day. Priority requests made by 2:00 p.m. go out the same day.
- Confidentiality of records: Interfolio enforces the same federal privacy regulations as an educational institution.
- Interfolio allows letters of recommendation to be received and distributed electronically or on paper. For example, a letter writer can submit a hard copy or email version of a recommendation, which can then be sent electronically or on paper to jobs, academic programs, or other opportunities.
- Users can add new letters and request letter delivery through the web or a toll-free number.
- Interfolio maintains the confidentiality of all closed letters of recommendation and follows strict guidelines for receiving and mailing all closed letters of recommendation to ensure that confidential documents stay that way.
Interfolio is available at http://www.interfolio.com/