Student Group Study Room Reservation Policy
Reserving Hill Urbina and 2nd Floor Training Room
Students are welcome to reserve the Hill Urbina and 2nd floor Training Rooms for group study during the library evening and weekend hours. Hill Urbina will be available for student use M-F 5 p.m.-Close and Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m.-Close. The 2nd Floor Training Room will be available Monday-Thursday, 10 p.m.-close, Friday 5 p.m.-Close, and Saturday and Sunday 10 p.m.-Close.
This is a pilot for making meeting rooms available as group study rooms after hours. In order for this pilot to be a success, Hampshire students must take excellent care of these spaces, as they belong to the College and are critical for meetings, teaching, and studying.
Terms for use:
- Rooms are reserved by students using the Hampshire Zimbra calendar system.
- Group study rooms may be reserved for a maximum of 90 minutes per day per group. Exceptions may be made to time limits as room availability permits.
- Rooms may only be reserved for two or more persons. Please provide the names of the people who will be using the room when placing the room request.
- Rooms will be held for 15 minutes past the beginning of the reserved time. After that time the reservation is forfeited.
- Rooms are available for drop-in use when they are not reserved. Groups with reservations have priority.
- Keys to Hill Urbina and the 2nd Floor Training Room will be checked out to students at the InfoBar. Keys will be tagged with security strips and are not to leave the building. Patrons who have borrowed keys will receive courtesy notices every four hours reminding them of their key loans.
- All patrons using library rooms for group study must leave rooms tidy. No food, beverages or other debris can be left behind. If students cannot keep the rooms tidy, the library will not be able to accommodate student room reservations.
- Group study rooms should not be used as designated classrooms. They may not be reserved for all or most meetings of a class and may not be listed as the location of a class in the course schedule.
- The library may reserve the right to alter the schedule, supersede availability, or close the room, depending on College needs. Students who have reserved the room will, if at all possible, be given notice.
- The use of these rooms cannot disturb other students studying in the library. If the use creates a disturbance, your reservation will be forfeited.
Please note, online room reservations are only approved Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Lists of room reservations will be printed daily. They will be kept at the InfoBar and posted outside each room.