Connecting to Eduroam at Hampshire
In order to use Eduroam at other institutions you must first set it up on your device while at Hampshire. Eduroam supports most current operating systems.
If you have set up Eduroam prior to the 2016/2017 academic year, please read this before connecting to it again.
Android, Windows 8, and Mac OS X 10.7 +, and iOS
Eduroam can be set up on devices running Android OS, Windows 8, iOS and Mac OS X 10.7 or later. It cannot be set up on devices running OS X 10.6 or earlier.
- Select the "eduroam" network from the available wireless networks.
- When prompted, enter your username in the format of <username>@hampshire.edu . For instance, I entered "kmmLO@hampshire.edu".
- Enter your HampNet password and join the network.
- You may be asked to accept a certificate. After verifying that it is for "lelantos.hampshire.edu," is signed by "Hampshire College" and has the serial number "00:D7:9D:19:47:09:7D:3E:BA," accept it.
- If you are asked to choose whether it is a Home, Work, or Public network we suggest "Public."
We have created an installer to set up access to Eduroam on Windows 7 computers.
- In your browser go to http://hamp.it/eduroam.
- Enter your username and password and download the file; you can choose the “Run” option if prompted.
- If asked, confirm that you want to run it even though it was downloaded from the internet.
- Click “Next” on the welcome screen.
- When warned that the installer will only work for Hampshire users, click “OK.”
- You will be asked for your username, which you should enter with the suffix “@hampshire.edu”. For instance, I entered kmmLO@hampshire.edu.
- Enter your HampNet password twice as requested, and then click “Install.”
- When it’s all done, you’ll see the Installation Complete window; click on “Finish.”
- From the network icon in the taskbar (bottom right of your compute screen in most cases), select the wireless network “eduroam.”
- Windows will ask you whether this is a Home, Work, or Public network. We suggest that you select “Public.”