Call the switchboard at 413.559.4600 in case of failure with the phone system, network, or IT-supported servers during non-business hours.
After Hours Policy »
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Before you call, please be prepared to provide the following information
- Your name, extension, and location.
- The type of computer you're having a problem with (Macintosh/PC).
- Operating system (Mac OS, Windows, Linux, etc.).
- A description of the problem or question.
Perform the following diagnostics if appropriate to your problem
- Turn your computer or device completely off, then on.
- Check cables, phone line, and power supply for loose connections.
- Make sure "caps lock" isn't accidentally turned on.
- Make a careful note of any error messages you are getting.
- Network problem? See if you can connect to at least one other website and to an off-campus website.
During the Call
- Be sitting in front of the computer.
- Carefully note any instructions or execute any specific commands.
- Give as complete and accurate information as you possibly can.
- Indicate anything you've recently changed on your computer, whether you think it's related or not. Have you installed new software, added a new printer, spilled coffee on the keyboard? Was this change made before the problem occurred or after?
- Don't be afraid to ask the support person to slow down or go over something again if you do not understand.
- Get the name of the person to whom you speak.