Phones and Voice Mail
How to make a call from an on-campus phone to...
- An on-campus extension: dial four-digit extension (6677)
- A local off-campus number: dial 9 + 7 digits (9.555.5655)
- A long distance number *: dial 9 + 1 + area code + number (9.1.999.555.5655)
- An international number: on-campus dial 9 + 011 + Country Code + the area or city code + the phone number. For example: for Brazil, the country code is 55, in the city of Rio de Janeiro, the city code is 21 (9 - 011 - 55 - 21 - XXXX-XXXX)
* if you dial a long distance number in the Holyoke/Springfield area and hear a fast beeping, try dialing it as a local number instead.
Mitel IP phone user guides
Hampshire's voice mail system has some neat features, such as voice-mail-to-email delivery and a web interface at voicemail.hampshire.edu for checking messages when on campus or using VPN.
Setting up voicemail
Download the voice mail user guide
How to fix blinking phone light
To access voice mail from...
- Your on-campus phone: x6901
- Another on-campus phone: x6900
- Off campus: Call 413.559.6900; press "#", your extension; then "*" or call your own phone number; and when you hear your greeting, hit the "*" key.
Cell Phone Discounts for Employees
Hampshire employees can get discounts on cell service and phones from AT&T and Verizon Wireless.
Get a discount