- Plug the Ethernet Cable into the RJ45 network wall jack (the jack marked data next to your phone jack) and the other end into your computer (usually on the back and wider then a phone jack).
- Turn your computer on. If there are lights on your Ethernet card, they should go on with either one blinking and one solid or, if there is only one, it could be either blinking or solid. If there is a light and it doesn't go on when your computer is on, you might have a wiring problem or bad ethernet cable. Call x5418 for assistance.
- At this point, your computer should automatically connect properly to the Hampshire College network. The first time you open a web browser (Netscape, Mozilla, Internet Explorer), you will be redirected to a NetReg page. Enter your username and password, then wait a few minutes. After registration is complete, you will be able to navigate to any web page.
If your computer does not connect to the network, use the instructions in the next section for to check your network settings.
- Click on Start
- Click on My Network Places
- Network Setup Wizard window will open, click on the Next button
- Click on the radio button: This computer connects to the Internet through another computer on my network or through a residential gateway; click Next
- At Computer name type the unique name you want your computer to be identified as on the local network, click Next
- At Workgroup enter the residential area in which you live (Dakin, Enfield, etc.), click Next
- At the next window, click Next
- Click on the radio button: Just finish the wizard; I don't need to run the wizard on another computer
- Click on the Finish button
NOTE: These instructions are for XP Pro. Different versions of XP may work differently.
If you are still having problems after following these steps, call the help desk at x5418.