Knowledge Commons Vision and Planning
The Knowledge Commons aspires to cultivate a hub within the library to revitalize a campus center, centralize resources, and build a community where we support students in confidently navigating those resources at crucial points during their time at Hampshire.
We aim to do this by:
- Providing tools for student success by bringing together academic programs, services, and technologies.
- Valuing students as co-creators with expertise in order to create student-centered spaces, resources, and services.
- Fostering transparency about the available resources, where to find them, and how they can help students.
- Fostering trusting relationships between students and staff to promote the use of these resources and tools.
- Recognizing that struggle is a part of intellectual and personal growth.
- Building a practice of inclusivity, equity, and justice in our work.
- Valuing flexibility, iteration, and ongoing assessment of programs and spaces and how they meet the needs of students.