Academic Event Support
Event Production Support
Though Media Services no longer provides support for Events Hampshire has added a new staff position (Media Production Coordinator) specifically to add this support for official college events. In order to book the time of this staffer please fill out the following google form two weeks or more prior to the event: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DSx3b0_qkqYgr6pqFGnHVSUleOuUxEdbWGv4aJzTg68/edit
The majority of events on campus can successfully happen using preexisting installed presentation equipment, or possibly augmenting it with a loan from our collection. Currently enrolled Hampshire students, staff, and faculty with a valid ID can borrow an array of presentation equipment such as powered speakers, microphones, and digital projectors at no additional cost. Be sure to allow ample time to make training appointments during office hours and to reserve necessary equipment at least five days ahead of your event.
There are many factors such as budget, scale, and location as well as content and tenor of an event that can shape media services involvement, so be sure to get in touch early in the planning stages to see how we can help.
Event Production Support Policy
- Media services only supports academic and student group events that happen on the Hampshire College campus.
- Requests for our services or equipment and consultation must be made at least five business days in advance of scheduled event. Media services reserves the right to refuse service to those who do not comply with this policy.
- Patron must be present to manage talent (lecturer, artist, performer) and keep schedule during event. If patrons cannot be present, they must designate a liaison to do so.
- Media services staff task is to make sure the event sounds and looks the way the patron requested.
- Patron must provide computer for presenter. IT can lend computers for events. Media services does not lend computers or tablets.
- Event production support and recording are separate services and are billed accordingly. If staff hired to provide event production support is pulled away to provide unplanned recording, Media services reserves the right to charge for that additional service.
Many spaces on campus are scheduled by the event services and summer programs office (ESSPO). Students, faculty, and staff can check availability and schedule a room through their reservation system. Check the two sections below for spaces installed with presentation equipment, and if their use necessitates staff support.
Requiring Media Services
Patrons using these spaces with installed presentation equipment must contact media services to either staff their event or be trained and certified at least five days before the event.
- Main Lecture Hall
- Red Barn
Other spaces on campus, such as theaters, studios, and classrooms are under the management of their respective programs and subject to their policies and procedures.
Media Services no longer handles the Audio/Video recording of events as the Media Production Coordinator (Taylor Ortiz) has taken over this work. As with the event support requests please fill out this form two weeks or more before the event you want to be recorded:
Additionally, if you need photographs taken of any events the same form from above can also be used to contact the communications department who will be able to do so.