Credit Balances and Refund Checks |

Credit Balances and Refund Checks

When a credit balance exists on a student account, a refund is available by request through the student accounts office. You can request a refund in person or via your Hampshire email account to Please allow 7-10 business days for processing.

Credit balances as a result of a parent loan, such as the federal Parent PLUS loan, are refunded to the borrowing parent unless that parent grants written permission to release the funds to the student.

In certain circumstances, the College is required to refund credits due to federal aid monies that are greater than mandatory tuition, fees, room and board, unless we receive written permission to retain the credit on the account.

Stay In Touch
With Student Accounts
Snail Mail
Student Accounts Office
Hampshire College
893 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002
Phone + Email
Fax: 413.559.6845