The Wellness Center
The Wellness Center's mission is to promote holistic health and wellness in the Hampshire community.
Who we are
The Wellness Center is a component of the Dean of Students Office in the Division of Student Affairs. The Division of Student Affairs recognizes the need to support the growth and development of holistic integrated, intersectional wellness in order to truly advance an anti-racist society. We understand that wellness is a lifelong journey that encourages us to make thoughtful decisions in caring for ourselves and others and collectively reduce harm in the community. Wellness is an intentional process of reflecting on our thoughts, emotions, and behaviors in order to develop strategies for self-care and community care, which are both key to building resilience, empowering ourselves, and fostering collective liberation and healing.
Where we are
Find us in Enfield (yellow building by the basketball court).
What we do
The Wellness Center offers ongoing programs as well as a number of one-time events throughout the semester, and is the primary provider of safer sex supplies on campus. The Wellness Center focuses primarily on topics such as: sexual health, consent, substance use, building resilience, stress-management and grounding strategies, self-care/community care, sleep health, and more. We also partner with many offices/programs on campus and student groups such as the Sexperts, First Gen @ Hampshire, and others.
Wellness Center programs and services are guided by Hampshire College's:
Visit the Wellness Center
The building has a wheelchair ramp to the 1st floor and a flight of steps to the second floor. Unfortunately, the bathrooms are not wheelchair accessible. We are always striving to make events more accessible, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or requests.
Wellness Center Hours
We're open daily from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. during the academic year.
Beginning Monday, May 22, 2023, the Wellness Center will be closed for the summer and is available by appointment only by emailing email@example.com.
Meet with the Director of Student Affairs - Student Wellness & Divisional Projects
Have a question or suggestion? Looking for resources or support? Write to Wellness Center staff member Carolyn Strycharz at firstname.lastname@example.org or Macklin Rose at mrSA@hampshire.edu to set up a time to talk.
What's in the Wellness Center?
- Space Station: Relax with galaxy lights, heated foot massagers, mindfulness activities, sensory toys, & soothing crafts to help you stimulate your senses and cope with stress.
- Living Room: Get cozy in the living room with a movie screen and projector, couches, plants, and more.
- Kindness Kitchen and Dining Room: Access free groceries and snacks, and gather around for a community meal, meeting, or game night in this sunny spot.
- Zine and Resource Library: Get info on lots of health and wellness topics like safer sex, relationships, nutrition, dealing with stress, academic tips, substances, safer binding and tucking, and more.
- Wellness Supplies and Giveaways: Pick up safer sex supplies (gloves, dams, condoms, lubes), menstrual supplies, and a few toiletries. Plus, we always have different giveaways like lip balm, sensory/fidget toys, affirmation prints, stickers, and more.
- Tea Station: Grab a cup of herbal, black, or green tea with honey or other sweeteners
Stay in the loop! How to contact us or find out about our events: