SPARC Appointment Scheduling
Schedule an Appointment
- Log into Handshake using your Hampshire email address and password. If you graduated before 2016, see instructions below.
- Click “Career Center” in the top navigation menu.
- Click “Appointments,” then click the blue button to schedule a new appointment.
- Select the appropriate category (student or alum).
- Choose an appointment type.
- Dates of available appointments will display. Use the arrows to navigate to the next week.
- If you wish to see a specific staff member, you may use the “Staff Member” filter at the top of the page to narrow your search.
- Select an appointment time.
- On the next screen, choose how you would like to meet (in-person, zoom, or phone) and answer the other questions. Your responses will only be available to the staff member you are meeting with.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the green “request” button.
- Check your email! Look for a message with the subject “You have a new notification on Handshake,” which contains all of your appointment information.
Alumni who graduated before 2016:
Follow these instructions to create your Handshake account, then proceed with the steps above.
- If your Hampshire email password has expired, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to refresh your account.
- Go to the Handshake log-in page.
- Sign in using your Hampshire email address. Note that you will get an email confirmation, so you’ll need to immediately check your Hampshire email. Your hampshire.edu account will be automatically approved.
- When you first sign up for Handshake, you will be asked some questions to complete your profile. You can get through this step quickly by answering only the required questions. If you wish to use Handshake for a job search you can go back later and complete your profile.
- Follow the steps above to make an appointment in Handshake.
NOTE: If you sign in to Handshake with a non-hampshire email address, your account will need to be approved by SPARC staff. To speed the process, please contact us at email@example.com to tell us who you are (include your full name while at Hampshire and your start date), and let us know you have requested a Handshake account. We aspire to approve new accounts within 24 business hours, but at times it may take longer.
If you need assistance with making an appointment, please contact SPARC at firstname.lastname@example.org.