Since 2010 Hampshire College has worked in partnership with Zipcar Inc., providing the campus with access to the world's leading car-sharing service. This cost-effective and convenient transportation option is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to all students, faculty, and staff members, ages 18 and older, and to community members over the age of 21.
Gas, insurance, reserved parking spots, up to 180 miles per day, and roadside assistance are included in the hourly and daily Zipcar rates. Cars can be reserved for as little as an hour or for up to four days. Cars are self-service; they can be easily reserved and accessed 24 hours a day. Hampshire College Zipcars are located in convenient spaces in high-demand areas. Two vehicles are located by the bus circle between Franklin Patterson Hall and the Robert Crown Center.
Zipcar members from Hampshire, Amherst, and Smith Colleges ages 18-20 have access to the combined 11 vehicles on all three campuses, while Zipcar members 21 and older have access to Zipcar's network of more than 8,000 vehicles across North America and the U.K. For more information, including how to enroll in Zipcar at Hampshire College, please visit: www.zipcar.com/hampshire.
Hampshire has a Zipcar account for student group use!
To join the student group Zipcar account:
- Visit www.zipcar.com/hampshire and choose on "I'd like to join my department's existing Zipcar account" on the right hand sidebar.
- It will bring up a list of departments on campus. Choose "Student Groups" on the second page of the list and then complete the application.
- If you already have a personal Zipcar account, sign in at this point in the process; there will be a link to sign in near the top of the page in the middle.
- Once approved, a Zip card will be sent to Campus Leadership and Activities (CLA).
- If you already have a Zipcar account, your current card will be authorized for the student group account as well; no need to wait for a new one.