Short-Term Field Courses
Hampshire College offers a number of faculty-led short-term field courses that provide students the opportunity for off-campus study and research either elsewhere in the U.S. or abroad. These courses are offered during January or summer and are generally two to four weeks in length.
Winter (January) 2024
Deadline to apply: October 1
- (Hawaii) Malama ‘Aina: Sustainability, Settler Colonialism, and Native Hawaiian Struggle for Self-Determination
Deadline to apply: March 1
- Check GEO's Events for upcoming Info Sessions and other events this term.
- Sign up for the GEO Listserv to find out about additional events.
Courses that are two to four weeks in length are considered equivalent to a semester-long course, for which Hampshire recommends four transfer credits. The academic level and prerequisites vary by program. Courses offered differ each year, and previous field courses may or may not repeat in future years. All Hampshire short-term field courses have an application, course fee, and registration process administered through the global education office.
- Eligibility for Hampshire and Non-Hampshire Students
- Short-term Field Course Finances and Funding
- Applying to a Short-term Field Course
If you have any questions about short-term field courses, eligibility, or how to apply, please contact us!
Global Education Office
If you have questions about a specific short-term field course's academic content, please contact the faculty director for the course.