Course Fees and Payments
- The cost of each short-term field course varies. Please refer to the course-specific web page (listed at Short-term Field Courses) for information about the course fee and additional costs. Airfare is generally NOT included in the course fee.
- Students accepted to a course will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit of $500 (credited to the course fee) to GEO three (3) weeks after the application deadline to confirm participation.
- Final payments are due three (3) weeks after the deposit.
- GEO can only accept payments via cash, check or money order.
- All students enrolled in a short-term field course are subject to the Global Education Office Withdraw and Refund Policy (pdf).
- Fully enrolled students who receive need-based financial aid from Hampshire College are eligible to apply for financial assistance through the global education office (GEO). Please follow the instructions in your HampGOES online application.
- Hampshire alums, Hampshire students who will have graduated before the dates of the course, and non-Hampshire students are not eligible for aid through the global education office.
- Any financial aid awarded by GEO will be applied directly to the program fee.
- Students are expected to cover all additional expenses, including airfare.
- Awards vary from year to year and are dependent on the number of applicants and the amount of aid available.
- Eligibility for financial assistance does not guarantee that aid will be awarded.