Hampshire College offers a number of faculty-led short-term field courses that provide students the opportunity for off-campus study and research either elsewhere in the U.S. or abroad. These courses occur during January or in May/summer and are generally 2-4 weeks in length.
Deadline to apply: October 10, 2014
Deadline to apply: March 6, 2015
- (China) Summer Intensive Chinese Program
- (Colombia) Architecture of Bamboo
- (France) Super 8 Filmmaking in Paris: Geographies of Identity
- (Hawaii) Malama 'Aina: Sustainability and Sovereignty in Hawaii
- (Ireland) The West of Ireland: Land and Culture
- (Mexico) Mexican Social Movements in Their Own Context
- (Thailand) Creative Collaborations: HIV and Sexual Health in N. Thailand
- Thursday, January 29: Financing Study Abroad Info Session | Merrill Living room | 4-5 p.m.
Thursday, February 5: Information/advising table on Hampshire Short-term Field Course and semester Exchange Programs | Library foyer | 11:30-1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 19: Short-term Field Course Interest Session | FPH 102 | 4-5 p.m.
- Learn more about courses being offered, eligibility, application and selection process, and financial planning.
- Check the GEO Intranet Calendar or sign up for the GEO Listserv to find out about additional events
Courses that are 2-4 weeks in length are considered equivalent to a semester-long course for which Hampshire recommends four transfer credits. The academic level and prerequisites vary by program. Courses offered differ each year, and previous field courses may or may not repeat in future years. All Hampshire short-term field courses have an application, course fee, and registration process administered through the global education office.
- Short-term Field Course Eligibility for Hampshire and Non-Hampshire Students
- Short-term Field Course Finances and Funding
- Applying to a Short-term Field Course
- Previously Offered Courses
If you have any questions about short-term field courses, eligibility, or how to apply, please contact the global education office:
Heather St. Germaine
If you have questions about a specific short-term field course's academic content, please contact the faculty director for the course.