Admission Offer to New College of Florida Students
This page was updated on November 1, 2023.
The deadline to apply to Hampshire under the New College of Florida tuition match has now passed. This page will remain active for reference only. For more information about the general transfer application process, please visit our transfer application page
Welcome to Hampshire
Hampshire College is pleased to extend our offer of admission to New College of Florida students for spring 2024 entry, matching each student’s cost of tuition based on the 2022-23 academic year. We will continue to support New College of Florida students who would like to pursue their education without losing any credits, without increasing their tuition costs, and without having to give up on self-designed education and narrative evaluations. This offer to New College students expires on November 1, 2023.
- Hampshire College guarantees admission to New College of Florida students who matriculated at New College of Florida prior to fall 2023 and who are in good standing at New College of Florida.
- Students interested in transferring to Hampshire for the spring 2024 semester can submit their materials on a rolling basis until November 1, 2023, which is Hampshire’s spring entry term application deadline for all prospective students.
- Students can apply using the New College of Florida Transfer Form. Completing the form is not a statement of intention to attend Hampshire.
- Students are required to complete the transfer form (which includes a brief statement of academic purpose called “Proposed Program of Study”) and provide their official New College of Florida transcript.
- Hampshire College will accept academic credits completed at or transferred to New College of Florida to fulfill Hampshire’s Division I and II requirements in order to facilitate timely degree completion.
- Minimally, New College of Florida students must complete Division III, the final year of their education—at least two semesters in attendance—at Hampshire. Under the direction of a faculty committee, Division III includes a major project and two advanced educational activities (taken concurrently).
- The anticipated graduation date for each student entering under this agreement will be set depending on the number of semesters they completed at New College of Florida and any transfer credit accepted by New College of Florida based on an eight-semester timeline to complete a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Hampshire College will determine a financial aid package for each student using its typical packaging formulas to bring the student’s net tuition for 2023–24 at Hampshire to an amount equal to the student’s cost of tuition billed by New College of Florida in 2022–23. To be considered for this assistance, students must complete the 2023–24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and submit copies of their 2022-23 New College of Florida tuition bill and 2022-23 New College financial aid award. If these items are not received prior to January 19, 2024, students will only be considered for Hampshire College merit scholarships.
- New College of Florida students will need to provide official transcripts (New College of Florida and Final High School or equivalent)
- All New College of Florida students who apply after the November 1 deadline will be asked to apply for fall 2024 or later entry using the Common Application. For fall 2024 entries, Hampshire College will no longer be considering the New College of Florida tuition match. However, financial aid offers will be made using our standard policies.
Stay in touch with transfer coordinator Natasha Doherty. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 877.937.4267 (Toll Free).
New College of Florida Transfer Form
The tuition match offer continues from enrollment to graduation. It anticipates that a student will graduate from Hampshire on the same timeline they would have graduated from New College of Florida.
The intent of this program is to keep New College of Florida students on their anticipated timeline to graduation had they remained enrolled at New College of Florida. The financial aid offer a student receives upon transfer will cover this same duration at the same value. The aid offer is counted towards the listed Hampshire College tuition. If Hampshire College tuition increases after 2023-24, a student’s out-of-pocket costs will increase by the same amount.
All students attending Hampshire College are enrolled full-time, and tuition covers full-time enrollment. The tuition match is based on a 36-credit (16 fall, 4 January ISP, 16 spring) full-time enrollment at New College of Florida. Students whose New College of Florida tuition is for less than full-time will have that figure adjusted to reflect that they will be enrolled full-time at Hampshire College.
This program will match the tuition New College of Florida students paid for their 2022-23 academic year. The total cost of attendance may vary depending on differences in expenses for transportation, housing and food, and other personal needs. Students must complete the 2023-24 FAFSA and provide Hampshire College with a copy of their 2022-23 New College of Florida tuition bill and financial aid offer. With this information, the Financial Aid Office will make an individualized offer to each applicant. We invite students to connect with our Financial Aid Office, as students' individual financial needs will vary.
Yes, this program will match the tuition and fees that New College of Florida students paid during the 2022-23 academic year. Students must complete the 2023-24 FAFSA and provide Hampshire College with a copy of their 2022-23 New College of Florida tuition bill and financial aid offer. With this information, the Financial Aid Office will make an individualized offer to each applicant.
If a New College of Florida student has received academic scholarships or other merit-based scholarships from New College of Florida that reduce the student’s tuition, the tuition matched will be the tuition paid after those scholarships have been applied. If a student has an external scholarship that they have applied to their bill at New College of Florida, they will be expected to bring that scholarship with them to Hampshire.
The tuition match only applies to students who matriculated at New College of Florida prior to fall 2023. Students who have been admitted to New College for 2023-24 based on articulation agreements are not “previously enrolled” and therefore do not qualify. However, Hampshire College encourages students in this situation to apply to Hampshire College using the regular transfer application process and encourages them to contact the Admissions Office to discuss their situation, as we will work to accommodate them.
This offer is only for New College of Florida students who matriculated at New College of Florida prior to fall 2023. However, we will still welcome a standard transfer application from those starting at New College of Florida in the fall 2023 term, and each accepted student will receive a merit scholarship between $27,000-$35,000 per year. Students may also apply for need-based financial aid by submitting a FAFSA (no CSS profile required).
Yes, all currently enrolled New College of Florida students in good standing are eligible regardless of how many credits they’ve earned.
At Hampshire, many students pay their tuition with Florida Prepaid 529 plans (and other 529 plans). It is important to contact the 529 program to let them know your student will be attending Hampshire. Florida Prepaid sends Hampshire a request for a tuition bill and then sends a check for the student. Hampshire does not know the conditions of your specific 529 plan, so you will need to reach out to your 529 plan directly for any questions.
Hampshire College accepts transfer credit from accredited community colleges and four-year institutions. If those credits were already part of your standing at New College of Florida, you will keep them at Hampshire. If you have additional credits that were not part of your transcript at New College of Florida (i.e., NCF did not accept them), Hampshire will evaluate those for transfer.