CBD Funding for Division II and Division III Projects
Did you know that you can apply to CBD for up to $2000 toward the cost of materials and supplies for your Division II or Division III project?
CBD accepts proposals for divisional projects in the fall and spring semesters.
The fall deadline will be posted soon. Check back for deadlines.
Download the 2017 application form here or email the CBD for an application. You can also pick up a copy of the guidelines and application from the schools of Cognitive Sciences; Critical Social Inquiry; Humanities, Arts, and Cultural Studies; Interdisciplinary Arts; and Natural Sciences.
CBD offers a grant-writing workshop every fall and spring.
All students looking for grant proposal tips are welcome at the workshop, even if you're not applying for a grant from CBD!
You are strongly encouraged to attend the workshop prior to submitting your application. You are also encouraged to speak with a CBD Steering Committee member, CBD director, or assistant director prior to submitting your proposal.
How to Apply for Funding
Take a look at the guidelines for CBD funding:
- Are you in good academic standing?
- Are you at the advanced stage of your Division II?
- Have you filed your Division III?
- Will your divisional project engage two of the three components of the study of culture, mind/brain, and human development?
- Do you need help paying for CBD-related research or field study?
- If you answered "yes" to some of these questions, CBD funding may be for you!
CBD can fund up to $2000 to cover the cost of these project-related expenses:
- Lab materials and supplies
- Payments to research subjects
- Small equipment and software (these become property of CBD after your project is finished)
- Travel expenses for field study projects
- Housing expenses for field study projects
- *CBD cannot cover tuition or airfare for Hampshire College short-term field courses or for outside credit-granting summer programs
Still not sure if you should apply for CBD funding?