What are CBD students researching?
Binlin Xia 09F used funding from CBD to pursue an independent anthropological study.
Watch video »
Did you know that you can apply to CBD for up to $2000 toward the cost of materials and supplies for your Division II or Division III project?
CBD accepts proposals for divisional projects in the fall and spring semesters. The deadline for summer 2015 is Wednesday, March 25 at noon.
You can download the guidelines and application here. You can also pick up a copy of the guidelines and application from the schools of Cognitive Sciences; Critical Social Inquiry; Humanities, Arts, and Cultural Studies; Interdisciplinary Arts; and Natural Sciences.
CBD offers a grantwriting workshop every fall and spring. The next workshop is Thursday, March 5, 3:30-5:00 in FPH 103. Email us for details.
You are strongly encouraged to attend the workshop prior to submitting your application. You are also encouraged to speak with a CBD Steering Committee member or the assistant director prior to submitting your proposal.
How to Apply for Funding:
Take a look at the guidelines for CBD funding:
- Are you in good academic standing?
- Are you at the advanced stage of your Division II?
- Have you filed your Division III?
- Will your divisional project engage two of the three components of the study of culture, mind/brain, and human development?
- Do you need help paying for a CBD-related field study?
- If you answered "yes" to these questions, CBD funding may be for you!
CBD can fund up to $2000 to cover the cost of these project-related expenses:
- Lab materials and supplies
- Payments to research subjects
- Small equipment and software (these become property of CBD after your project is finished)
- Travel expenses for field study projects
- Some housing expenses for field study projects
- *CBD cannot cover tuition or airfare for Hampshire College short-term field courses or for outside credit-granting summer programs
Still not sure if you should apply for CBD funding?
- Take a look at some of the divisional projects CBD has funded in the past.
- Contact the CBD office for general funding questions and to obtain an application.
- Contact a CBD faculty Steering Committee member for more guidance.