You are here

Travel to Canada, Mexico, or Adjacent Islands

SEVP for Answers

For answers to some frequently asked questions about traveling, you can visit the SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) website.

Travel to Canada, Mexico, or Adjacent Islands

Automatic Visa Revalidation permits F-1, F-2, J-1 and J-2 students/dependents (unless you are from Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, Sudan, North Korea, or Cuba) to return to the U.S. following brief trips of 30 days or less to Canada, Mexico, or adjacent island (except Cuba) when the F or J visa has expired or after an approved change of status. Please note that automatic revalidation will not be available for anyone who applies for a visa while outside the U.S. If this situation applies to you, contact O.C. Gorman ( for more information.

List of countries whose citizens need visas to travel to Canada.

Canadian visitor visa application information.

To apply for a visa to visit Canada, you can go to the Canadian embassy site in New York City.

Custom Ads