The academic connections committee has built an increasingly vibrant connection to the college.
Some of our most recent collaborations with Hampshire College include:
- a group of students from a nutritional anthropology class studying our snack menus and learning how to input data into a nutrition computer program
- a storytelling/story-acting class working regularly with small groups of toddlers and preschoolers
- a community service project by two dance majors giving dance lessons to a rotating group of children with representatives from all the classrooms for two months
- a community service project by a music major who has created a visiting instrumentalist program (now in its fourth year) that has included folk, Celtic, a capella, klezmir, etc., performances
- a musical project with 4- and 5-year-olds about creating a community of music makers
- an architectural student thesis (Div III) which explored children's perception of their space, and was then compared with the teachers perception of the children's center's spaces.
- a student project creating diaries of self through multiple languages with a small group of our oldest preschoolers
- students participation in an ethnography project examining some of the teachers' work-related histories.