Updating the Eduroam Certificate for 2016/2017
If you have used Hampshire’s Eduroam service prior to the 2016/2017 academic year, your computer installed a version of the certificate that is expiring, and you will need to update the certificate on your computer.
In many cases this process will be simple: The next time you connect to Eduroam, you may receive a message telling you that there is a new certificate, and all you have to do is make sure it has the correct serial number and accept it.
On Windows 7 this process is more complicated. You should run the Eduroam setup program at https://hamp.it/eduroam. In most cases this will work smoothly, but if you find that your computer will not connect to Eduroam after doing this, please contact the IT Help Desk at 413.559.5418 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are using Macintosh OS 10.10 (Yosemite) or older, you must first remove the old certificate from your computer:
- From the “Go” menu in the Finder select “Utilities.”
- Double-click on “Keychain Utility.”
- With “login” selected on the top left, choose “Certificates” from the bottom panel on the left.
- Find the Hampshire certificate that has the serial number “C2 E2 D0 66 98 48 BD CF”. You can see the serial number by double-clicking on the certificate and checking out “Details.”
- Once you have verified that you have the right one, select “Delete” from the “Edit” menu.
- Quit Keychain Utility and try connecting to Eduroam. You will receive the new certificate and should be all set for 5 years.