Kurzweil 3000 is a reading, writing, and study tool software that you can install on your Mac or PC, or use online at kurzweil3000.com. You can store documents online in your Kurzweil account, and access them with the online app or the software. The software and online versions are available to Hampshire students, staff, and faculty after you create an account using the instructions below.
Registering for an Account
- Use this link to go to the Kurzweil Registration site (Hampshire login required).
- On the registration page, enter your name, your Hampshire email address, and choose Hampshire from the drop-down menu. Then click “Add New”
- Note that if you do not use your Hampshire email to sign up, your account will be deleted later!
- A "Success" message with your Kurzweil username and password will display below. You will also get a confirmation email.
- Now you can visit www.kurzweil3000.com and log in to use the online version.
For more features and options, follow the instructions below to install Kurzweil on your computer.
Installing the Kurzweil Software on Your Computer
- To install the Kurzweil 3000 desktop software on your computer, download the installer for Mac or download the installer for Windows.
- Note that the installer files are very large (around 2GB), so make sure you are on a high-speed, preferably wired, connection before you begin.
- Mac users may need to go into their their security settings within the system preferences to allow an installation from an “unidentified developer”.
- Condensed Kurzweil Starter Guide for Mac
- Getting Started Guide for Mac
- Getting Started Guide for Windows
- Kurzweil has how-videos about installing and using the software here.
- For in-person help or training on using on Kurzweil, please fill out a Training Request form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.