Electronic Div III Submissions
- Go to DSpace.
- Choose My DSpace and log in with your Hampshire username and password.
- Choose Start a new submission.
Identify how many files your Div III comprises.
You will be led through a series of pages where you will enter information including:
- your name
- the date of graduation
- the date of your project's completion (if different from the graduation date)
- the title of your Div III
- the chairperson
- an abstract
- subject keywords
You will be asked to accept a licensing statement that allows Hampshire College to make available (to Hampshire College users only), copy, and reformat your files for preservation purposes. You are the official copyright holder for your work. Two additional permission questions grant Hampshire the right to display your work on the College Internet website, and to supply a copy of your work on interlibrary loan.
The submission will go for review to the DSpace administrator, who will check your submission and email you with any problems. Once the submission is approved, it will be available on the web to Hampshire College users. Over the next couple of months the Div III will also be cataloged and the record for it made accessible in the Five College library system as well as on the national library database, WorldCat.
Acceptable file formats
File Size Limits
At present, files larger than 2 GB need to be burned to a DISC and either mailed or delivered to the library. See address/instructions below.
Your file name should start with your last name, and a word to indicate the part of the project. For example: smithchapter1, smithchapter2
Copyright Statement: Intellectual Property Rights for Division III Exams
All Div IIIs must be accompanied by a preliminary first page that includes the following information:
By submitting a thesis and accepting the submission agreement, you, the student, certify the following:
- That your thesis, and any accompanying material, is an original work, and does not infringe upon any third party's copyright, such as illustrations or images, OR:
- That your thesis, and/or any accompanying material, does contain third party content for which you do not hold copyright, and:
- This content has been clearly identified and acknowledged;
AND the content has been used within the bounds of the Fair Use exemption of U.S. Copyright law (17 USC 107);
OR you have documented that you have obtained the unrestricted permission of the copyright owner to grant Hampshire the rights required by this agreement.
YOU also grant to the Harold Johnson Library at Hampshire College that:
- The work submitted is the one approved by your Div III Committee
- The College is given authority to archive the work and to make it accessible, in accord with any access restrictions specified.
- This right is in perpetuity, and in all forms and technologies that may apply.
Title of Div III:
Year of Graduation:
Paper Div III Submissions
Can be dropped off at the InfoBar on the library 1st floor, or sent by US Mail to:
Archives, Harold F. Johnson Library
Hampshire College 893 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002-3359