For Life-Threatening Emergency
Call 911 for an ambulance. Campus police and the Amherst Fire Department paramedics will respond.
Cooley Dickinson Hospital Emergency Department, 30 Locust St, Northampton, 413.582.2000
For Urgent Mental Health Care on Weekends and Evenings
On-campus students: Call campus police at 413.559.5555 (or 1.911 on campus) and ask for the area coordinator on call. The area coordinator will assess urgency and call the mental health provider on call as indicated.
Off-campus students: Call Hampshire County Crisis Services (CSO) at 413.586.5555 or call campus police as stated above. Campus police will ask you to provide your current location and contact information, and will then contact the mental health provider on call.
Students in need of non-emergency transportation to or from a medical facility can call the Hampshire College dispatch at 413.559.5424 to help arrange for a taxi. The taxi fee will be added to the student account.
For Medical Care on Weekends or Evenings:
- Accidents, injuries, or intoxication on campus, call 413.559.5555. Campus police and Hampshire EMS (student EMTs) will respond.
- Telephone advice when health services is closed: Call the University of Massachusetts Health Services at 413.577.5000. A 24/7 nursing service will assess urgency of your medical problem and direct you to appropriate care.
- Walk-in Care Clinic at the University of Massachusetts, 150 Infirmary Way, Amherst. Open evenings and weekends. 413.577.5000. Check website for current hours.
- On Call Urgent Care, 6 Hatfield Street, Northampton, opens M-F until 9 p.m. and weekends until 5 p.m., 413.584.7425.
- AEIOU Urgent Care, 170 University Drive, Amherst, opens M-F until 8 p.m. and weekends until 5 p.m., 413.461.3530.
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital Emergency Department, 30 Locust St, Northampton, 413.582.2000.
- Minute Clinic, Inside CVS/pharmacy, 165 University Drive, Amherst, M-F, until 7 p.m., weekends until 5:30 p.m.