Block Meal Plans and Café Card
Block Meal Plans
For the 2021-22 academic year, students living in the Dakin or Merrill dormitories are required to purchase a 275 block meal plan, which provides a meal during each of the 19-meal periods per week. Students living in Enfield, Greenwich. or Prescott mod apartments are required to purchase a 75-block meal plan.
Students living in Enfield, Greenwich, or Prescott mods may purchase additional block meal plans during the academic year, but they do not roll over to the following semester. Choose only what you need for the current semester. Block meal plans purchased after November 15 will be assigned to the spring semester.
Questions about allergens and special diets should be directed to Director of Dining Services, Franny Krushinsky, at fkDC@hampshire.edu.
Block Meal Plan Prices
- 25 meals for $269
- 50 meals for $538
- 75 meals for $806
- 275 meals for $2,956
Block meal plans are added to students’ OneCard on the Hub.
To purchase a block meal plan, log in to the TheHub and select “Meal Plans” under the “Financial Info” section. The plan will be entered on your OneCard for use at any Hampshire dining location: Dining Commons, Bridge Cafe, and Kern Kafé.
As always, meals from a student's block meal plan may be used at the Dining Commons. In addition, meals may also be used at the Bridge Cafe and Kern Kafé as “meal swaps.”
The value of the meal swap is $7.75 for breakfast and $10.75 for lunch or dinner. If desired, a student may choose a meal in excess of these values and pay the difference with Café Card funds, cash, credit or debit.
The meal periods are as follows:
- 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.: Breakfast
- 11:30 a.m.– 2 p.m.: Lunch
- 4:00 p.m.– location close: Dinner
Dining Services Locations Operating Hours
- Dining Commons: Traditional cafeteria-style dining with comfort and healthy options
- Breakfast 7:30 a.m.–9:30 a.m.
- Lunch 11:30–2 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30 p.m.–8 p.m.
- Fountain drinks, coffee, cereal, assorted fruit, available between meal periods
- Saturday and Sunday:
- Brunch 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Dinner 5 p.m.–8 p.m.
- Snacks available between brunch and dinner
- Kern Kafé: Coffee Shop with espresso, lattes, tea, and other hot and cold beverages, pastries, and sandwiches for breakfast or lunch
- Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Bridge Cafe: Features made-to-order selections and grab-and-go items
- Tuesday-Saturday: 4 p.m.–10:30 p.m.
Required for all resident, mod, and commuter students.
Students are billed a $250 Café Card fee each semester, which will be entered on their OneCard for use at the Dining Commons, Bridge Cafe, Kern Kafé, Mixed Nuts, and Hampstore.
You may add funds to your Café Card at any time here . Café Card funds carry over from fall to spring. Unused Café Card balances are nonrefundable and nontransferable.