CBD Funding for Internship and Research Assistantship Placements
Did you know that you can apply to CBD for up to $3000 toward the cost of your internship or research assistantship placement? Since 2003, CBD has funded students to work with faculty right here at the Five Colleges, and has helped send students to placements across North and South America, Africa, Asia, Europe, and India. CBD may be able to help you!
For summer 2017 placements, the deadline is Wednesday, March 22, at 4 p.m.
Download the 2017 applications here, or email the CBD office for an application. Guidelines and application forms will also be available at the schools of Cognitive Sciences; Critical Social Inquiry; Humanities, Arts, and Cultural Studies; Interdisciplinary Arts; and Natural Sciences.
CBD will offer a grants info session and workshop Tuesday, February 28, 3:30-5:00, in the Kern Center, Room 108. You are strongly encouraged to attend the workshop prior to submitting your application. You are also encouraged to speak with a CBD steering committee member, CBD director or the assistant director prior to submitting your proposal.
How to Apply for Funding
Find and secure an internship or lab/ field research assistantship placement:
- Contact the professor, researcher, volunteer organization, or NGO program for which you would like to work, and apply for a placement.
- Your placement can be with an accredited researcher or recognized non-profit anywhere in the world. You find it, secure a placement, and we may help fund it.
Consider your funding needs:
- CBD funding can cover up to $3,000 reimbursement toward travel and commuting costs, rent, some utilities, and placement-related research expenses.
- CBD funding cannot cover food and meal costs or stipends for those working at placements outside of Hampshire College.
- CBD cannot cover tuition or airfare for Hampshire College short-term field courses or for outside credit-granting summer programs
Take a look at the guidelines for CBD funding:
- Are you in good academic standing?
- Do your research goals for your placement involve engaging and better understanding connections across the studies of culture, mind/brain, and human growth and development?
- Will the work you do at your placement engage two of the three components of the study of culture, mind/brain, and human development?
- If you answered "yes" to these questions, CBD funding may be for you!
Still not sure if you should apply for CBD funding?