Having the following information and forms on hand will help you fill out the FAFSA:
1. Your and your parents' Social Security numbers (can be found on Social Security card) and dates of birth.
2. Your driver's license (if any).
3. Your (and/or your parents') W2 forms for the previous year and other records of any money earned.
4. Your (and/or your parents') most recent Federal income tax return (if any) including IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, foreign tax return, or tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia.
5. Any untaxed income records for the previous year, including payments for tax-deferred pension and savings plans (W2 forms), tax-exempt interest, and child support received.
6. Records of taxable earnings from federal work study or other need-based work programs.
7. Records of any grants, scholarships, and fellowship aid that was included in your or your parents' adjusted gross income (AGI).
8. Any current bank statements.
9. Any current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records.
10. Documentation that you are a U.S. permanent resident or other eligible non-citizen, if applicable.