See our updates on planning for Fall 2020.

Your CSS Profile Report

Hampshire College uses the College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile and the FAFSA to help determine a student's eligibility for the College's institutional aid programs, including the Hampshire Grant. NOTE: If you are not planning to apply for institutional need-based aid, this form is not required; please notify the financial aid office if this is the case.

Our school code for the Profile is 3447.

To begin the Profile process, visit More information about the Profile is provided below.

Questions? Contact CSS customer support at 844.202.0524 (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Eastern Time (with extended hours from 8 a.m.-10 p.m., January through April) or email

Do I need to complete the Profile?

Log onto your online financial aid account to confirm that the Profile, and Non-custodial Profile, if applicable, is required for your financial aid application. Click on the My Documents tab to view your required and missing documents. If the CSS Profile is listed with a Status of Not Received then you need to complete the Profile.

What is the Profile?

The Profile is an online form that collects information used by Hampshire College to award institutional funds such as the Hampshire Grant. All federal funds are awarded based on the FAFSA. If your parents are divorced or never married and not living together, your non-custodial parent will also be required to submit the Non-custodial Parent Profile (see below for more information). 

What does the Profile cost?

The fee for the initial application and one college report is $25. Additional reports are $16 each. Payment may be made via credit or debit card. 

Are fee waivers available?

Yes, fee waivers are granted automatically by CSS, not by Hampshire College, based on the information entered on the Profile, to students who are first-time college applicants and are from families with low incomes and assets. International students are not eligible for fee waivers. This waiver covers the application fee and the reporting fees for up to eight colleges or scholarship programs.

What is Hampshire College's Profile School Code:

Our school code for the Profile is 3447. Use this code to request a report to be sent to Hampshire College.

Tips to completing the Profile:

  • Print the CSS Profile Student Guide for helpful instructions as you complete the Profile.
  • If your parents are divorced or separated, you and your custodial parent should complete the Profile. The custodial parent(s) are the parent or parents with whom the student has lived the most during the 12 months prior to filing the application. If the applicant has spent an equal amount of time in both parents' households during the past year, then the custodial parent is the parent who provided the most financial support during this period.
  • Gather the following data before filling out the application for the 2018-19 Profile:  copy of your and your parent(s)' 2016 and 2016 W2 forms and other records of money earned; records of untaxed income and benefits; current bank statements; current mortgage information; records of savings, stocks, bonds, trusts, and other investments; and your non-custodial parent's email address, if applicable.
  • Submit your completed application. You will be prompted to complete any required fields that were left blank; it will note any possible discrepancies and allow for a final review of the data. You cannot change the data online after submitting it.
  • Save your Profile acknowledgement for your records. A copy of your acknowledgement can be used to provide updates directly to your colleges and programs if updates are necessary.
  • The data reported on the Profile should match the data reported on the FAFSA for the same questions. If there are discrepancies on the two forms you may be asked to provide documentation to resolve the issues.

Dependent vs. Independent Students

Students who enter Hampshire College as a dependent student are required to provide parental information on the Profile every year, even if one becomes an independent student while enrolled. For some cases, the Profile may be waived for subsequent years by the financial aid office based on the student's or the family's situation. 

Independent single students who enter Hampshire College as an independent student will be required to complete the Profile for institutional aid. The financial aid office may determine that the Profile can be waived for subsequent years. 

Students who enter Hampshire College as married independent students will be required to complete the Profile for institutional aid. The financial aid office may determine that the Profile can be waived for subsequent years.

Non-custodial Profile

If your biological or adoptive parents are divorced, separated, or never married and not living together, your non-custodial parent will need to complete the Non-custodial Profile. You will be given an opportunity at the time you complete the Profile to enter the non-custodial parent's e-mail address.  CSS will send your parent instructions on how to complete and submit the Non-custodial Profile.  Please have your parent's email address available at that time, as this is your only opportunity to have the College Board notify your parent on your behalf.

Non-custodial parents are not required to complete the Non-custodial Profile for renewal applications, but may request a review of their income when significant changes have occurred. Please contact the financial aid office for details. First time financial aid applications will require the Non-custodial Profile, if applicable.

Stay In Touch
With Financial Aid
Snail Mail
Financial Aid
Hampshire College
893 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002