Hampshire College uses the College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile and the FAFSA to help determine a student's eligibility for the College's institutional aid programs, including the Hampshire Grant. To see what is currently required for your aid application, please visit My Documents on TheHub or contact the financial aid office. NOTE: If you are not planning to apply for institutional need-based aid, this form is not required; please notify the financial aid office if this is the case.
Our school code for the Profile is 3447.
You need to register for the Profile first and then complete the Profile, and if applicable, a parent will need to complete the Non-custodial Profile. To begin the Profile process, visit student.collegeboard.org/profile. More information about the Profile is provided below.
Questions? Contact CSS customer support at 305.829.9793 (Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Eastern Time (with extended hours from 8 a.m.-10 p.m., January through April) or email email@example.com.
What is the Profile?
The Profile is an online form that collects information used by Hampshire College to award College funds such as the Hampshire Grant. All federal funds are awarded based on the FAFSA. If your parents are divorced or never married and not living together, your non-custodial parent will also be required to submit the Non-custodial Profile (see below for more information).
What does the Profile cost?
The fee for the initial application and one college report is $25. Additional reports are $16 each. Payment may be made via credit or debit card.
Are fee waivers available?
Yes, fee waivers are granted automatically by CSS, based on the information entered on the Profile, to students who are first-time college applicants and are from families with low incomes and assets. International students are not eligible for fee waivers. This waiver covers the application fee and the reporting fees for up to eight colleges or scholarship programs.
Information to have available when you register:
Type of tax return you and your parents will file for the current year; if you parents receive TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Familes) or SSI (Supplemental Security Income); if your parents are self-employed or own business(es) and/or farm(s); your parents' housing status (own or rent); and your personal information including your Social Security number.
What is Hampshire College's Profile School Code:
Our school code for the Profile is 3447. Use this code to request a report to be sent to Hampshire College.
Tips to completing the Profile:
- Print the registration instructions from the home page. Customized application instructions will be provided after you register.
- If your parents are divorced or separated, you and your custodial parent should complete the Profile. The custodial parent(s) are the parent or parents with whom the student has lived the most during the 12 months prior to filing the application. If the applicant has spent an equal amount of time in both parents' households during the past year, then the custodial parent is the parent who provided the most financial support during this period.
- Print or save your customized pre-application worksheet and application instructions available at the end of registration. This may help you complete the online application faster.
- Gather the following data before filling out the application: current or most recent federal income tax return(s), if completed; W2 forms and other records of money earned; records of untaxed income and benefits; current bank statements; current mortgage information; records of savings, stocks, bonds, trusts, and other investments; and your non-custodial parent's email address, if applicable.
- Complete the Profile application using your completed pre-application worksheet.
- Submit your completed application. You will be prompted to complete any required field that were left blank, will note any possible discrepancies, and allow for a final review of the data. You cannot change the data online after submitting it.
- Save your Profile acknowledgement for your records. A copy of your acknowledgement can be used to provide updates directly to your colleges and programs if updates are necessary.
Dependent vs. Independent Students
Students who enter Hampshire College as a dependent student are required to provide parental information on the Profile every year even if one becomes an independent student while enrolled.
Independent single students who enter Hampshire College as an independent student will be required to complete the Profile for institutional aid. The financial aid office may determine that the Profile can be waived for subsequent years.
Students who enter Hampshire College as a married independent student will be required to complete the Profile for institutional aid. The financial aid office may determine that the Profile can be waived for subsequent years.
If your biological or adoptive parents are divorced, separated, or never married and not living together, your non-custodial parent will need to complete the Non-custodial Profile. Your registration confirmation or acknowledgement will contain information you will need to provide to your non-custodial parent so he or she can complete the Non-custodial Profile. NOTE: You will be given an opportunity at that time to have the College Board notify your non-custodial parent directly by email. Please have your parent's email address available at that time, as this is your only opportunity to have the College Board notify your parent on your behalf. The Non-custodial Profile may be completed online at ncprofile.collegeboard.com.
Non-custodial parents are not required to complete the Non-custodial Profile for renewal applications, but may request a review of their income when significant changes have occurred. Please contact the financial aid office for details. First time financial aid applications will require the Non-custodial Profile if applicable.