Five College Course Registration
- Hampshire and Five College Registration Dates and Deadlines
- Divisional Dates and Deadlines
- Dates and deadlines at the other campuses
- Searching for Courses
- Hampshire Course Registration
- Five College Course Request System
- Five College request system on TheHub: Five College Registration (pdf)
- How to register for a Hampshire course on TheHub: Hampshire College Course Registration (pdf)
Important Note: Five College registration policies and practices vary from institution to institution. Even if you have been preregistered for a course, your enrollment is not guaranteed until classes actually begin.
Students Taking Five College Courses
- Students are subject to the grading system, calendar, and academic honor system of the host institution.
- Students must take all exams at the time scheduled by the host institution.
- Students will receive letter grades, although some instructors will provide a written evaluation upon request, in addition to the grade.
How to Request a Five College Course
- Go to your student menu on TheHub and click on Five College Requests under “registration”.
- Navigate to find the course using the drop down menus and click submit. Do this FIRST.
- Note that if you are taking a course with a lab or discussion group, you must request both components. We will not process your registration without both. Check this and meeting times for the section carefully!
- During course add/drop at the beginning of the semester, use the electronic permission form located at the top of the page in the red bar. You will see this after you submit the course request. Central Records will complete your registration after the permission form is routed back to us via email from the faculty member. Response time from the other institutions varies. Keep checking your schedule on TheHub until you see your course listed.
- If you would prefer to print the form and take it to the first class for the instructor’s physical signature, you will find the print button adjacent to the title of the course after you submit your request. Bring the signed form to Central Records or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org .pdf
- During preregistation in April and November for the upcoming semester, most courses do not require instructor permission. However, you are limited to registering for no more than four courses during preregistration which may include a maximum of two Five College courses. Note that a Five College course with a discussion group or a lab counts as one of the two maximum. If a course does require instructor permission, use the print button adjacent to the title of the course and follow the procedure above in italics. The electronic permission form is not available during preregistration. Remember that the overall limit is four during preregistration. For example, if you register for three Hampshire courses and submit two Five College course requests, we will only process one of the two. You may register for OPRA courses above and beyond the four course limit.
- According to Amherst College policy, you may enroll in a maximum of two courses a semester at Amherst. A lecture with a lab or two half courses constitutes one request.
- Course requests approved by central records are transmitted to the institution offering the course. The host school then either approves or declines the request and notifies central records, who will register you for any course that has been approved. You can keep track of this ongoing process by checking the "View Status of All Your Requests" option on TheHub.
Parking is NOT provided for students taking Five College courses. Check out the Five College bus routes.