Apple TVs and Wireless Projecting
Several Hampshire classrooms have Apple TVs installed, which enable Mac users to project wirelessly using Apple's "Airplay" protocol.
Airplay will work with most iOS devices. Mac OS devices need to have OS Mountain Lion 10.8, and be 2011 models or newer.
Windows and Chrome OS users can purchase a program called AirParrot which will allow them to connect to the Apple TV as well.
For high-stakes presentations or meetings we still recommend using the wired connections, as they are more reliable.
Connecting to the Apple TV
- Make sure your device is on the Hampguest wireless network.
- Turn the projector on in the room and choose "Apple TV" as the input.
- Instructions will display on the screen about the name of the Apple TV for that room and what password to use to connect.
- Use these instructions from Apple to connect your device:
- We do not provide immediate support for Apple TVs as they are experimental equipment.
- If you are having trouble, simply use the wired connection in the classroom.
- If you are a faculty member who regularly uses an iOS device in the classroom and you need an adapter to connect to the cable, please submit an IT ticket on TheHub.
- To report a non-urgent issue or get a training session, please submit an IT ticket on TheHub.