Macintosh Network Set Up
- Plug the Ethernet Cable into the RJ45 network wall jack (the larger jack next to your phone jack) and the other end into your computer (usually on the back).
- Turn your computer on. If there are lights on your Ethernet card, they should go on. If there is a light and it doesn't go on when your computer is on, you might have a wiring problem or bad cable. Call x5418 for assistance.
- At this point, your computer should automatically connect properly to the Hampshire College network. The first time you open a web browser (Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer) you will be redirected to a NetReg page. Enter your username and password then wait a few minutes while NetReg scans your computer for vulnerabilities. After your computer registration is complete, you will be able to navigate to any Internet web page.
If your computer does not connect to the network, use the instructions below to check your network settings.
Network Trouble-Shooting Steps
Mac OS 10.x
- Click on Apple Menu (little apple in the upper left corner)
- Click on System Preferences
- Click on Network
- Configure: select Built-in Ethernet
- Click on TCP/IP tab
- Configure: Using DHCP
- Quit the System Preferences program.
If you are still having problems after following these steps, call the help desk at 413.559.5418.